Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New Geico Commercial: 'When you're an [X], you [y]. It's what you do.'

Victor Reppert: Organized Disrespect

Victor Reppert: "John [Loftus], do you actually read your combox? When I got into the David Wood discussion, I was called intellectually dishonest, a Liar-4-Jezus, and then we get this gem ...

And you complain about Ilion???? I didn't think it was possible to make Ilion look like Miss Manners, but I see it done every day on Debunking Christianity
"

Ilíon: Surely, you've seen the new Geico commercial: "When you're an 'atheist', you lie. It's what you do."

====
By the way, "the David Wood discussion" to which Mr Reppert refers is the (ahem) discussion on Loftus' blog about this video -- it's a moving video, as they say.

As Michael ('Shadow to Light') says on the page to which I linked
When someone becomes a Christian, what sets the stage is the following intuitive insight: There is something very wrong with me; I need to change.

When someone becomes an atheist, what sets the stage if the following intuitive insight: There is something very wrong with them; they need to be stopped.

0 comments: