... toilet?
Some people are said to have "bats in their belfry". Apparently, one can also have bats in one's toilet.
A couple of weeks ago, there was a bat flying around in my bedroom. I managed to get him out of the house. A couple of mornings later, I heard the noise of what I thought was a large cricket-type insect coming from a toilet. It turned out to be a bat (whether the previous or not); and I swear he was wearing scuba equipment.
I have long understood that raccoons have a civilization of sorts in our storm-drain system. I suspect that they sometimes invade the homes of humans and replace them, taking their place in wider human society. Certainly, some of the people to whom I delivered pizzas were not exactly human; I could smell some of these people, or their homes, from the street. So, I wonder, was the bat an advance scout, or even a commando, for a planned invasion of my house and replacement of me? For a number of years, raccoons *have* been trying, and sometimes succeeding, to get into my house. Just the other evening, two raccoons were on the side porch trying to get into the attic above the front room -- one was already in the rafters above the porch, while the other was trying to figure out how to climb a pillar to join him up there.

0 comments:
Post a Comment