Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Wearing Out Your Arrogant Little Ass With A Recyclable Paddle...Priceless."

The title comes from one of the comments on the following blog --
Dr Sanity: Environmental fascism, brought to you by your children

Sure, I could say something myself about this disgusting (and cynical) ad, but "Dr Sanity" says it so well for me.

ps. to my sibs (assuming any of them see this), until the final closeup, doesn't the dad look remarkably like a younger version of your little brother?

2 comments:

MathewK said...

I haven't seen this particular commercial but i get the jist of it and i have seen similar campaigns here, really pisses me off, how the eco-nuts use children to push their message.

They know fully well that they're using the kids as shields from criticism and they don't care that they're abusing them.

You should see our schools out here, the minds of young kids are filled with environmentalist crap, and i'm sure they're encouraged to take this home and badger their parents into the same thing.

I feel it's also a failure on the part of parents who 1.Allow their children to be abused, 2.Don't stand up to them and be parents.

Ilíon said...

According to your profile, MK, you're also one of those "young kids" -- you must understand, I'm old enough to be your father or evan your grandfather's younger brother. I'm glad to see that even at your young age you've seen that there are those whose main interest in you is not *you* but rather rather in how well you can be herded to their own advantage.